Thursday, June 3, 2010

Macy's room!

It's been a long time since I have decorated a little girls room but my niece was expecting a baby girl and asked if I could help with her room.  I couldn't resist!

She has the cutest bedding, it has sweet little flowers and birds on it.  We decided to go with that theme since we liked it so much.
Here is a closeup of a flower I painted on the wall. The wall is a pale pink, doesn't show up in this picture very well.
We bought these little birdhouses at Hob Lob and painted them.  They say "sweet baby girl" one word on each tag.
I saw art similar to this at Pottery Barn Kids and thought, I can make that!  So we did a version for Macy's room.  We just cut boards to the size we wanted, I think they were 12 x 12 and spray glued it all on.  This is all scrapbook paper.  We just made up our own designs, there is also a flower and birdhouse.
It seemed fitting to hang the curtain on a real stick since we had a nature theme.  We were lucky the valance was already made, we just sewed on some ribbon to tie onto the stick.
Look at those precious tootsies!  It's hard to believe she was this small.  We did this room over 2 years ago before she was born. The frames are covered with a white boa, cute and simple.
Just a few of her chachkeys (sp) does anyone know how to spell that??? I love her furniture.
These wooden letters are also covered in scrapbook paper and inked on the edges.
Simply the closet, but oh what's behind that door, that girl had more clothes than any infant should ever need! The sign above the door says "My prince did come and his name is Daddy", love it!
Her little play corner, you can see the bird houses that we made. We all love this room but sadly they are building a new house so she is going to have to say goodbye to it.  Do you think I'm planning on working on the next one??? You bet I am, you couldn't keep me away!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the paper covered letters, great idea, they look wonderful. I think I'm stealing the idea to use in my grandson's room.

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Wow - there are some amazing details in this sweet room! I love the scrapbook birdie plaque and the stick valance - and the boa covered frames!! You did an amazing job - what a lucky little girl!
Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment on my blog today!

Unknown said...

This room is even more beautiful in person!!

CraftyMummy said...

This room looks so beautiful! I love all the little details especially the birdhouse. Thanks for sharing. I found you at Tatertots and Jello.

Brenda@ white furniture said...

Lovely room! It's always been great to have things regarding babies. The first picture is looking so gorgeous. I loved your words too. Anyway, thanks for sharing this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...