Thursday, November 10, 2011

Look at this burlap!

So recently I came across this really cool burlap. I asked the store owner about it and she said it was called open weave burlap. She sold it for $50.00 a roll, I can't remember if it had 5 or 10 yards, either way more than I wanted to spend on some burlap. But it was really cool! You can check out a great picture of it here.

But yesterday I was rushing thru my local Walmart and out of the corner of my eye I see this roll. And I thought ah-ha!
It looked almost like the stuff I saw at the flea market. I picked this up for 9.99 for 3 yards, which is about what burlap usually cost, much better than the 10.00 for the other. I thought why not give it a try? This is used for gardening I guess.
Can you see the difference? The weave is open, just a little looser.

This has so much more texture, I just love it.
Perfect for fall! So what do you think, got any ideas what to do with this stuff? I do, be sure to check back to see what I've come up with.

2 comments:

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Love it! It would be a great Christmas Tree skirt!

Lou Cinda

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Great tip on finding the open weave burlap! It makes a great nest for your super cool pumpkin! Thanks for linking up to the Burlap Month party at WhisperWood Cottage!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...