Tuesday, March 5, 2013

What I've been up to...

I began this blog almost 3 years ago. I had no idea what would become of it, and how I would find friendship and encouragement along the way. I never really had big dreams of becoming a huge blog I just wanted to share what I was working on and for about 2 years I did that. My husband was a huge supporter of my blog, always reading my post and telling his friends to do the same. Since his death I haven't really blogged at all, but really I had started to question why I was putting so much time into my blog when there were so many other things I wanted to work on. You know what I mean when I say you can become consumed by the computer to the point that you don't do what you really love and so I had begun to pull back some last spring and then Mike got sick not long after that and I just haven't felt like putting my energy into this blog. However, my struggle is letting Mike's death be the last of this blog, something he believed in and encouraged me to be a part of. I don't want that to be the end of this so for now I'll share what I have been up to but still don't know how often I'll be posting.

I have recently been bitten by art journaling and mixed media art. There are many great artist out there sharing and teaching everyone about these techniques, my new favorite is Donna Downey. She was in my area over the weekend so I went to a few of her classes. What a fun lady, and uber talented. It was a great weekend of creating and laughing, can't beat that, huh?
Enough chatting I'll just share the pics of what I created.

I'm itching to get my hands dirty and play with some more canvases. I believe art heals, I know my heart aches for creative time. It's not about how good it is, it's about the process. I came away with a great quote from the retreat, by Picaso.

 Inspiration exists, but it has to find us working.

Here's to inspiration...

4 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Beautiful Laura...you are quite talented!! Hope you get to create again real soon!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

YES YES YES!!

I agree with you 100%. It's been FIVE years ago that I started blogging, as a mama with littles at home. What a difference a few years makes? I definitely don't have the time to put into it that I used to (and that's okay), but even though I've sworn that I'm done...well, you know how it goes :) Whether or not they are actually DOCUMENTED, the projects always are (and always have been) happening. It's just what we do, right? But you're so right - the TYPING about stuff usually takes away from DOING more stuff.

All of that to say that no matter how infrequent your posting is, I'll be there when you're ready to hit post :)

Anna H. said...

We can truly say we thank your husband for supporting you and your blog. Ms. Smartie Pants your creativity is undeniable! You are a great artist and an inspiration for many. Much love from your friends at www.BioBubblePets.com

cv writing service said...

nice post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...